SOS! How to Subscribe to a Blog Without GFC

Google keeps making all sorts of changes! As you may have heard, starting in March this year Google Friend Connect is being discontinued on non-Blogger blogs. Since I made the switch to wordpress recently, this will affect Things I Can’t Say.

To make sure that you continue to receive updates on new posts, please subscribe by RSS (click the link and choose your reader) or by email(enter your email addy into the form below- and be sure to click on the confirm link when you receive it in your email).

Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on twitter- though I have to admit, I follow people on twitter more to chat than to get their blog updates- it’s too easy for blog posts to get lost in all the chatter. Though, I’d still love to see you over there- tweet at me and I’ll follow you back.

Or you can like Things I Can’t Say on facebook for blog updates and general rantings. Plus, I ask for contributions to posts and for your fan pages so I can share those, too. I used to cheat on facebook with twitter, but now I cheat on twitter with facebook.

You can find other bloggers participating in Saving Our Subscriptions by following the #SOSubscribers hashtag on twitter. Thank you so much for being a reader of Things I Can’t Say- I have to admit, it’s much more fun talking to y’all than to myself. ;)

Comments

1. Bonnie says

I know, and I hate this! Why do they have to do it? Is it a way to punish those who don’t blog with blogger? Is it costing them a lot or something? I like going through my friend list to see updates….. Why must they take it away??? Okay I am just venting a little, I don’t really expect you to answer my questions. I’m signed up to receive feeds….. But I’m not happy!
    Bonnie recently posted..Proof – They ARE still teaching cursive in school!My Profile

At the top of the post or for email subscribe? Top is a plug-in(Ashley would know what one- I do nothing technical on my blog). Email subscribe- I copied the code from feedburner.

So many people still don’t do the subsription thing on their blog…I hope they do it so I can keep up with em! I subscribe to you already. :)
    MiMi recently posted..Tag HagMy Profile

I’m still hoping that blogs we’ve already subscribed to via GFC will still show up in dashboards or readers, but no one seems to know for sure, so that’s why you’ll see posts like this.

I absolutely HATE that all these things keep changing! Why??? I have a hard time with all this anyway and to have to relearn how to accomplish something that was working just fine, annoys the crap out of me! The companies that make up the structure we need to use these silly computers don’t seem to have a clue that many of us (most of us??) are just barely knowledgeable enough to make it work at all. Every time they gratuitously throw out what works and replace it with something that basically is no better, it just eventually leads to exclusion of many of the existing users. Especially when, I suspect, the change is driven by some dastardly plan to somehow make more money!! Users be damned! What a pain!!!
    Mellodee625 recently posted.."Life Upon the Wicked Stage"My Profile

It is so crazy annoying that they are doing this…I am going to have to go through my reader and figure out which one of the 500+ blogs I am subscribed to are through GFC, and change them.

I need google to create five extra days for me this week that I can do that in – since they created this problem.
    Tracie recently posted..Waiting To Be Picked UpMy Profile

Yea, I’m totally annoyed by this. Just when I learn to manage all my blogs! Stupid question though. Because I have so many blogs in my reader, does this mean that all non-Blogger blogs are going to disappear from there? I can follow them in other ways (I have most of them bookmarked anyway) but it was a nice part of my Kindle to have them all appear in one place.
    Charlotte recently posted..ApprovalMy Profile

No one seems to be able to answer that. I have a hard time believing that we’re really going to disappear from people’s readers. I thought GFC was just a way to get the feed in there in the first place. But, I guess we’ll see!