10 Days After the Hurricane…

It started when I moved to a place I’d only been before for a few hours the day after I turned 22 HERE and then moved on to being flooded out by a hurricane less than two months later HERE. I ended that post by saying that my life took a major twist 10 days later. Here’s that twist and the continuation of my story. Yes, in obnoxious third person, but it’s how I deal sometimes.

She was really nervous walking into the B’s house. Tonya had been wanting to introduce her to one of her husband’s coworkers for the past two months. But, she’d never really been set up before.

She hugged Tonya, said hi to Tonya’s husband Eddie, and walked into the living room.

She felt her heart stop. There was one of the most gorgeous men she’d ever seen sitting on the couch, checking her out out of the corner of his eye, as he talked to someone who was introduced to her as Don, another coworker of Eddie’s.

She wondered what he thought of her.

Tonya and Eddie must be crazy to think that this guy would be interested in her. He probably had girls launching themselves into his path all the time, hoping to get his attention. No way would he want or need a set-up.

But, as the day wore on, the conversation flowed easily in the group. And she and X fell into an easy flirting banter.  They smiled at each other from across the room, even when it was the others who were talking. She didn’t really hear much of what anyone else was saying.

X told her he had a tattoo on his upper arm- a Marine Corps symbol,  of course. She walked over to him, stood way too close, and slowly slid his shirt sleeve up to see it. She wondered if he could hear her heart pounding.

She stood on tiptoe, one hand on the tattoo, the other on his shoulder, and whispered in his ear that she liked it.

He smiled at her and teased her that she was too much of a good girl to have one. She agreed with him, bit her lip, and then admitted to having her navel pierced.

He placed a hand on each of her hips, his fingertips under her shirt and asked permission with his expression.

She blushed and nodded.

He inched her shirt up, running his hands over her hips and her stomach, then bent to inspect the piercing. He stood back up and whispered in her ear, “Beautiful.”

She had to stop herself from sighing audibly as the two then took seats beside each other on the couch.  It was as if they were alone, for as much attention as they paid to the three other people in the room.  They began to have a conversation that didn’t include anyone else.

He whispered to her- oh God, every time he leaned in close and whispered, her heart beat faster, she didn’t know if she could take much more, she’d never felt like this- “Don’s going to want to leave soon. He’s my ride back to base, but I don’t want to leave yet.”

As if on cue, Don announced that he was going to get going and asked X if he was ready yet.

She blurted out, “I’ll take him back to base later.”

She didn’t want him to leave and this was what he was hinting at, wasn’t it? She hoped so.

Now that it was just the four of them, they decided to head into town for dinner. Eddie drove, with Tonya beside him, leaving them the backseat. They sat close and held hands, continuing their whispered conversations. She tried not to blush when she saw the smug looks Tonya and Eddie were giving them in the rearview mirror.

She couldn’t stop smiling. She wondered if maybe she’d been wrong and that love at first sight really did exist and that this was it. They had an instant connection.

They couldn’t stop touching each other or whispering during dinner and the drive back to the B’s house.  She held her breath as they approached the main gate, hoping that the B’s wouldn’t decide to just drop off X right then. She wanted more time with him. She sighed with relief as they passed the base.

Once back, they cuddled up on the couch together. She felt like they’d always known each other, like they always would know each other.

Eventually,  it got late enough that she had to take him back to base. He drove her car since she wasn’t sure where they were going. When they got to his barracks, they both got out. He to go up to his room, she to get in the driver’s side.

When she got around to the driver’s side, he cupped her face in his hands, then ran them slowly down her neck, down her sides, to her back, and then pulled her towards him and kissed her.

Kissed her breathless. Kissed her on and on. Kissed her so that she didn’t ever want it to stop.

And then he broke away and asked her to go up to his room with him.

She knew what that meant and she’d never done anything like that before in her life.

But, it was him and there was no way she could say no to him.

Thanks for sharing! Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0Email this to someone

Comments

1. How cruel to post such a lust filled story days after my surgery…

when do we get to hear more???

2. Wheww wee! That was all hot and steamy… and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

3. Sigh….

4. One Take On Life - Heather says:

Wow….you are great at recounting a true story, seriously could write books.
    What a hot and steamy story that was indeed!

5. Woah mama! Is there a part 4?? I love that you were holding hands in the back seat after just meeting that night. Tell me more, tell me more! :)

6. Joann Mannix says:

Okay, see this? Is why you need to be writing a novel. They say one of the hardest things to do is write the love scenes, to show it instead of telling it. The kiss recreation was perfect, absolutely perfect.

I'm always here, if you need to bounce ideas or just need to talk about anything writerly.

7. Crisc @ Jus Keep Smiling says:

Jus wanted to say Thanks so much for the post yesterday. I will be back soon to read the 1st 2 stories =)

8. Tractor Mom says:

Good God…my heart is beating out of my chest!! Oh I was not perpared for that one!!

Come by whenever……..

9. MommyLovesStilettos says:

Ohhhhh la la!!!!! :) :)

10. Oh man. That's one good story. I can't wait for the next installment!

11. This story is tangible and real. You can taste the anticipation. Awesome and well written.

12. Goodnight moon says:

OMHeavens….I felt like I was reading a romance novel with Fabio on the cover of it. Spicy!!!!!!

13. I've always known you were a great writer, but this one SOLIDIFIES that. SO well written and SO steamy! I loved it. Can't wait for more!

14. Holy Moly girl! Can't wait to hear the rest…i would totally read one of your books!!!

15. Nice work, post the next part soon please

16. This is why I don't write my stories. Awesome job! Now when's the next part come out?

17. Awesome!!!

18. Oh man!! That was awesome.

I love the description of him checking out the belly button ring!

Nice job!

19. 'Skuze me whilst I fan myself. Ahem. Now. Wanna know why we're MFOE? I have a similar love at first sight with my now husband. Yep. When you know, you know.

20. Ooo, me likey very, very much.

21. yep, you should totally write a book. It could be something along the lines of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (my favorite author ever!). Plenty of humor, wit, and romance!

22. singedwingangel says:

Well damn can I just live vicariously through you?? ahem anxiously awaiting the next part .. tap tap tap of my fingers on the desk.. Is it done yet?? How about now?? and Now?? AGGGHH

23. Momma0f3~1662~ says:

Wow!!! Awesome…I agree with everone else…we wanna hear more!

24. Gosh.. all I can say is… WOW!

25. ooh you saucy minx! That is one hot story! I need to hear the rest!

26. Whoo-weee!

I need a fan! It's hotter than hot in here!

rrrRRRrrr!

27. SassySillySpunky says:

That story was well worth the wait!!

28. Girlie, girl! You CANNOT do that to us!!!!!!!! Please, please, please post the rest soon. : )

PS – When are you going to start writing your book? You are writing one aren't you?

29. whooo! I love it! I can't wait to hear more!

30. Shell, this writing is amazing. And I want to read more of it…now!! Don't make us wait too long, okay?

31. Have you considered a career as a romance novelist? Seriously? Cause that was stinkin hot! Oh my goodness. Shouldn't have read that at work. Can't wait for the next installment!

32. Oh wow! Don't leave us hanging so long this time, okay??

33. "I do declare I have the vapors!"

Hot stuff. Made me remember a similar story of my own.

Nice.

34. Ummm…wow. Now I need to know if you went to his room or if you discovered that your front seats reclined.

35. Much More Than Mommy says:

Ho.Ly.Cow. GOOSEBUMPS!!!

36. Frugal Vicki says:

Oh Good God. Hmmmm, kids are awake…damn. ;)
    Great great writing

37. purseblogger says:

Wow girl! This is like the movie of the week! Don't leave us hanging. When do we get to read the next part?

38. Oh my goodness…I needed some romance for my ears. That was like…straight out of a movie!

39. Awesome post, so well written! You had me sitting there on the couch…and I SO want to get my belly-button pierced now!

40. Awesome. I love it. I'm at work and now feeling like I've just watched an episode of Lost and am stuck with the cliff hangar. Girl, quick, write the next part. He's better still be around! Very well written!

41. Hot hot hot! Can't wait to read more!!!

42. Just Another Mom of 2 says:

Oh my goodness girl!! I got chills reading this!! Seriously, this is amazing. This is right out of a romance novel lady!

43. Sweet freaking mercy!

44. OMG!!!!!!! Shell!

45. Beth Zimmerman says:

Whoa ….. !!!!! Is PYHO going to have the rest of the story?

46. Dang girl! Gave me chills, can't wait to hear the rest!

47. Mothers' Hideaway says:

Yeow. Talk about passionate. I literally wrote my love story today. I'll post it soon.

48. Sorry… I'm cracking up at my husband's comment (Mr. Daddy) and wondering what exactly his mother though of ME?!?

So tell me you married this guy?!? :)

49. I am a follower and I look forward to your updated posts.

I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award and would love for you to come by and pick it up when you have time. Here is the direct link: http://blumerlamotte.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

Have a wonderful evening!

Annie at Maximum Chaos: http://www.blumerlamotte.blogspot.com

50. SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB says:

wow. you are a great writer shell. for reals. i was there. vomiting in the back of my mouth bc i am dead inside and hate love. but still. i was there :)

51. WhisperingWriter says:

Geez, this isn't nice to read when your husband has been away for over a month…

I miss kisses!

52. OK you've gotta pour your heart out tomorrow and tell us the rest of the story!

53. An Imperfect Momma says:

Sigh….okay, when do we hear more?

54. Hi.
    Guess what?
    Love ya. Lots.
    That's all.

55. Sorta Southern Single Mom says:

See, now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! Still reovering…. ;)

56. What!? Why'd you leave us hanging like that? lol! Awesome work! You should write short stories. You have talent!

57. Truthful Mommy says:

I love this story. It is so relatable , I think we have all had that first meeting that has left us breathless.I think this post may have left me a little breathless:) I think I need a drink of water, after that..or maybe a cigarette!LOL

58. Oh.My.

So not fair you left off with a cliffhanger!!!!!!

59. Very good story! Can't wait to hear the rest of it. While I'm perfectly content in married life, part of it makes me wistful for those days of our early relationship where everything was new and exciting. Oh, to re-create that first kiss again…

60. Just gave you an award!! Come check it out!

61. From Tracie says:

Loving this story!!

I feel like I was there…but not in a creepy voyeuristic way.

62. That is hot.
    You need to write novels. And let me read them :p

63. I LOVED it….LOOOOOVVVVEEED IT!!!

that is amazing, and I *almost* felt all of it with you.

64. yowza, shell! Can we say va, va, va voom!!? ;)

65. bigguysmama says:

Oh yah, breath. No, not you, me! Wow, pretty sure I've been holding my breath since you showed up at his barracks. Um, does Dan have another friend?

~Mimi

66. Semi-Slacker Mom says:

What a great story. Getting me all excited. Won't my hubs be pleased…

67. Wow. LOVE the last line.

68. Wow! This is some great writing! I'm agreeing with all the comments ahead of me!

69. erin margolin says:

You shoulda linked this up. That's all I'm sayin'. You nailed it, honey. You left me breathless, too!

thanks for sharing with me!
    ;-)