Teacher Appreciation Gift Idea

Oh, and um, milk duds. That I kept eating and then replacing, eating and replacing….

Thanks for sharing! Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter1Pin on Pinterest201Share on Google+0Email this to someone

Comments

1. What a cute gift idea!

2. Those are great! The best present I ever got as a teacher was for Christmas. It was wrapped in a brown cardboard box containing two bottles of wine…and they had a good kid! I know it's probably against the rules, but every single teacher was happy!

3. Thanks for reminding me, in the past the class always did something together. I haven't heard word one from either class. Will have to find out who class mom's are this year.

4. hmmm….this is a tough one because i love my pea's teacher. but, the school raised the tuition rates (significantly) and the teachers have asked that instead of gifts that we give monetary donations to the tuition assistance fund. so i guess i will give the $$ i would have spent and probably a cutting from my garden.

5. What a fun idea. I am glad you posted this because I hadn't known abut teacher appreciation. I will have to try and approach the other parents today at drop off and see if we could go in on a gift or…maybe I'll just fly solo like most time..
    thanks for the heads up..

6. The Mommyologist says:

Ok, so help a newbie mom out…do we do this for preschool teachers too?? I want to make sure to have something ready to bring in on Thursday if we do! SO clueless!!

7. passionofthemom says:

Great idea for a teacher gift!!!!! I would love to show my appreciation to my younger daughter's teacher (who, incidentally, was my older daughter's teacher last year…LOL) because he is the nicest teacher a parent could ask for! But the older daughter's teacher is a motherfu*king slag from hell, and the only appreciation she's getting from me is going to be me not slashing her tires for being such a useless, idiotic bitch all year long and making my daughter's life a misery. **** YOU, D. Rech!!!! That is all. LOL

8. Secret Mom Thoughts says:

Great gift idea. I would have loved it while I was teaching too.

9. What a cute idea! I'll have to remember this for next year.

10. I am Harriet says:
  11. Thanks for reminding me. No one (meaning parents) have organized anything and I don't have contact info for any other parents. I might just pick up a gift card to Target or something.

I'll probably bring in donuts for Buster's daycare teachers.

12. Guilty of Gossip says:

i LOVE this idea- i wish i was still in school so i could use it! or had kids.. but i'll wait. haha i love any kind of gift basket/theme gifts!
    i voted for Mason just now! what a cutie!

13. Great gift ideas! I'm always struggling with what to get the kids teachers.

And I voted :)

14. We live in a Zoo! says:

Great idea! Though my kids aren't in school yet, and I teach them pre-school myself….Hmmmm, maybe they should be getting me a present! ;D

15. ModernMom says:

Love this gift idea! (oh and I love to hear Teachers really don't mind gift cards, I always wondered if they seemed impersonal)

Off to vote, and thanks for the vote you gave me for Top Mommy Blogs!

16. As a parent of an elementary school child I love these ideas! AND also as a high school teacher I just want to throw out there that we appreciate the love too! Not that we need gifts or whatever (i get it there are a bunch of us and it would be hard to get everyone a gift) but seriously! I work hard EVERY day (even days I would rather not) to make sure ALL 60 or more kids i teach (plus the ones I don't but interact with) have a great, educational and stimulating day.
    A note of thanks or appreciation would be great too! Or a coke, or a cup of coffee from the closest coffee pot, i even drink folgers! lol
    not that i am dissing the elementary teachers here!!

17. It won't let me vote :(

18. That is such a great gift idea. I got something like that for a graduation gift and I loved it! She used plain air popped popcorn for a base to stick all the candy in!

19. These are great gift ideas Shell! I forget sometimes that there are districts out there where parents appreciate the efforts teachers display. Where hubs and I work just the opposite is true.

The children? They keep the love alive. Everyday they demonstrate wonderful thoughful moments of appreciation in ways that only a child can do…and I think THAT is what keeps Hubs going back to the classroom day in and day out.

20. Mommy Lisa says:

Every year at Christmas I get something for Boo Boo's daycare lady – she is a jewel! One year I got her two things, one for her and one for the kids…she was having trouble finding Hi-5 on Demand and the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE to watch it while they are waking up from their naps. so I got her three dvd's of it! ;)

Now you have inspired me for the pre-k teachers she has…

21. I swear the best teacher gift ideas come from teachers (even if currently out of the field like you and I) themselves. Novel idea, but true.

22. purseblogger says:

Great ideas! I've loved my kids teachers so I for sure want to show them my appreciation. :)

23. Screw the teachers, it needs to be TheDDoR appreciation week!

24. Great ideas!! I am always stressed about what to get for teachers. Thanks for sharing!

25. LOL…I would eat all the Milk Duds too!

26. Mrs. Howell says:

waht a great idea!!! and i could honestly put it together on the way to school so that i do NOT have to bring candy into my house because you KNOW it would not make it to the popcorn bucket. . . ;)-

27. Thanks for the reminder…gosh, is it really next week…ugh!

I am Brad's classroom coordinator, looks like I need to get on that today…lol!

28. If I was a teacher I would want those gifts. Great idea!

29. We were given a list of ideas from our PTO. A new suggestion for eery day.. We'll see what I can come up with, though I love your ideas!

30. Meeko Fabulous says:

I don't think teacher appreciation day existed when I was growing up . . . LoL But my mom always gave my teachers a very nice gift at the end of the year, usually jewelry. And I went and voted for Mason today! :)

31. Awesome idea! If I can pull an article together, do you mind if I link to this post for my Macaroni Kid newsletter this week? :)

32. Great ideas. Both of my boys have fantastic teachers this year so we will be doing something special with lots of though put into it. Love the movie basket idea.

33. *♥Shydub♥* says:

Thats a great appreciation gift idea. Thanksfor sharing. I'll vote for mason now. Happy Pint

34. Daisygirl says:

of course he has my vote!

Very cute idea…but what if you don't really like the teacher? How about a rotten apple? My daughters teacher is a space cadet which is why next year she will be in a different school.
    I wish my daughters teacher was awesome I would so make her a bling tee that says teachers rock!

35. Adrienne says:

the rich room mom woman has decied we have a theme for every darn day next week…. WTH… does a teacher need 18 gifts for 5 days straight … she wants us to email with what we are bringing… I am going to email but she may not like it …I think it would be better to get her one giant basket and each child contribute one cool thing! Great idea and I will tell you my son an I will not be participating in theme week but we will be giving her something nice!

36. Samantha says:

Cute idea! When Bree gets a teacher, I'll remember this! If I were a teacher, I'm sure that I would have LOVED every bit of that!

37. hotpants™ says:

Movie gift cards are definitely a great gift. Cute ideas!

Thanks for stopping by on my special SITS day.

38. Foursons says:

I think this contest only lets you vote once total. It wouldn't accept my vote today. :(

39. Momma Fargo says:

Love that idea! You are so smart!

40. Voted again! And I love your idea!

41. Great ideas.

When I was a teacher my favorite gifts were for the classroom. You wouldn't believe how much of my own money I put into buying construction paper, markers, tape, notebook paper, crayons, pencils, kleenx, etc. In fact my favorite gift ever was a huge box of school supplies with a personal note attached that said–"We can never re-pay your for the difference you are making. But we can give you tools."

42. Ma What's 4 dinner says:

Totally ripping this one off!!! Great idea.

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner

43. The Blue Zoo says:

Crap. You mean I have to buy presents? Good thing you reminded me!

I really hadnt thought to buy anything! lol And I DO like my kids teachers this year.

Thanks for the ideas!

44. jayayceeblog says:

I've knitted cute cotton dishcloths with an apple on them for my granddaughter's teachers. Here's the free pattern: http://www.knittingknonsense.com/applecloth.html

45. J. L. W. says:

These are great ideas! Of course Mason has my vote:)

46. Go Mason!!! I voted for your little cutie! I have not thought much about what my daughter's teacher would get. Great ideas though! Thanks!

47. Didn't know it was teacher appreciation this week, but that's a great idea. We have some popcorn boxes left over – we used them for my child's carnival b-day party last year. Great idea!!

48. Cara Mamma says:

A movie basket was one of the best gifts I have gotten as a teacher! Gift certificates to the movies are great too! Gift cards to Borders/Barnes & Noble are always good too :) But thanks for the reminder about teacher appreciation—although I know stuff is going on in my school, I always somehow need a reminder for my daughter's montessori teachers! :)

49. What cute ideas! I am sure the teachers will love them.. and yes probably smart giving them the same, they might talk :)

50. blueviolet says:

Where the heck were you when I needed you? Best idea ever!

51. Those are great! We got a Blockbuster movie basket for Xmas and it was awesome!

52. Messy Mommy says:

Thanks for the reminder! Speaking of teachers, I have an interview next Friday for preschool and kindergarten openings! WOOHOO!

53. That is such a cute idea. I should make them up for Ryan's teachers.

54. What great ideas! You are so creative!

55. Hair Bows & Guitar Picks says:

Very cute…like the ideas!

56. Hair Bows & Guitar Picks says:

Very cute…like the ideas!

57. Hair Bows & Guitar Picks says:

Very cute…like the ideas!

58. Those teachers are going to love you!!!! Great gift idea! I am going to vote now. Have a great day tomorrow Shell))))))))))))

59. Twincerely,Olga says:

what great ideas!!!going to go vote!

60. Just Breathe says:

Those are excellent ideas. Great way to spoil the teachers and it's not another mug! Happy PINT!

61. LuckyStarHeather says:

I love these ideas! I didn't know next week was teacher appreciation week either! My son goes to daycare, but I'm doing it anyway. She does teach him a lot :)

Thanks for coming over to Lucky Star Lane! I'll be peeking around here today :)

-HB

62. Working Mommy says:

SUPER cute ideas!!! I will definitely have to keep these in the memory bank for when The Babe gets into school!

63. Alexis AKA MOM says:

Oh that really is a great idea!! I'll have to do that for Cole's teachers. He has 2 in there. Is it this week or next?

1. [...] see the movie-themed basket I made for my boys’ teachers as an end-of-the-year [...]

2. [...] previous years, I’ve done  movie themed Teacher Appreciation Gifts (though now I swap out either a Visa gift card or a Movie Theater gift card instead of [...]