Pour Your Heart Out With Me

About once a week, I tend to really pour my heart out to you about something that is important to me or that I feel really strongly about.

I’ve written about marriage, religion, anger, the struggles I’ve had with my middle son, body image, and sex,  just to name a few.  And I love your support on those posts. I love how many of you end up saying “Me, too!”  I love having a place to pour my heart out.  So, I’m actually going to start my own blog carnival in case any of you want to pour your hearts out, too.

Pour Your Heart Out
Wednesdays

Write a post from the heart.

Something that has been weighing on you.

Something you feel passionately about.

Something you’ve been wanting to talk about.

A cause, a memory, a belief, a world view.

Anything.

I don’t want to assign you a topic because I really want this to be from your heart.

Though, if you are stumped, read some of the posts that are linked, and get ideas from there!

Grab my new button for your post and link up!

I hate that I even have to say this, but, whether you are participating or just reading, please keep in mind that the people linking really are sharing something from the heart. So, please, BE RESPECTFUL. We might not agree with each other, but we can all accept someone’s right to have a different opinion than we do and NOT attack someone because of this. Play nice. :)

Comments

1. Kerri says

Oh yea! I always seem to write my serious posts on Wednesdays…so I'll be linking up.

;o)

2. Jayme says

This is such a good idea! I notice I get like that about once a week too… must be a female hormonal response LOL

3. The Mommyologist says

Cute idea!! I am sure that people will jump on board! I wish it was on a different day then Wed. since I have WTH? Wednesday every week and then I could take part!

4. singedwingangel says

Ohhh another carnival I have to play in.. and a new button to add to my side bar of carnivals to peruse…

5. Frugal Vicki says

That is a great idea! I will add it to my list of meme's!
    I didn't know you were a Macaroni Kid PM, too!

6. Tammy says

I love this Shell. There are a couple things I would like to talk about but didn't know how to throw it out there. This might be that opportunity. I have something this Wednesday but the following Wednesday I am in. :)

7. Steph says

Great idea! Found my way to you from "A Daily Scoop of Chaos". Looking forward to getting to know you! "Motherbitches" seriously made me laugh out loud! xoxox

8. Just Another Mom of 2 says

What a great idea! I love this, am looking forward to seeing the posts :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

9. RN Mama says

What a great idea Shell! I'm a little bummed that I might not participate this week though, because I have a St. Patrick's Day post all planned for Wednesday! Oh well, count on me next week!

10. Sara @ Domestically Challenged says

Great idea, and like you said- whether you agree or not, know that it is an issue close to others hearts, and that we can all learn from eachother and other's points of view.

11. gamommy2two says

What a fanastic idea! I'll have to think of something worthy of a heart pouring before then!

12. gamommy2two says

13. The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma says

May I wear the mask while I am confessing? It makes me feel more secure?!lol

I love the idea—it is so good to hear others say: "been there done that"!

14. waistingtime says

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) This is a cute idea… when I get back from vacation I will have to remember to join in. Of course I need to remember that a few people who know me are reading. At times I wish I could be truly anonymous

15. Amaprincess says

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog! I just followed it! Can't wait to read it in the future!

16. Alyssa says

Great to share passions! Can't promise that Wed. will be my passionate day, but definitely looking forward to what others have to say.

Thanks for your comment, Shell.

17. Lisa says

That's a wonderful idea! I don't know that I'll link up but I'll definitely read some. That's what happens when your mom and in-laws read your blog, you can't always pour your heart out like you want:( Thinking about making myself a secret venting blog that no member of my family knows about.

18. adrienzgirl says

I love your disclaimer at the bottom to remind people to be respectful. Well, I love it and I hate it. It's ridiculous that you have to remind people to be respectful of feelings.

I will enjoy reading these posts. I enjoy your posts most when you are sharing your heart!

19. Frugal Vicki says

I'm glad you fixed the button, I was coming back to tell you about it and there it was! I have it up on my list of meme's.
    And if you want to join another, I have a new one for mommy moment Monday's.

20. Erin says

I really enjoy heartfelt posts, and I agree with Brandee/Think Tank Momma….sad that we have to remind people, but I do hope everyone will be respectful of one another.

I will have to start thinking about this one…and maybe see some of other people's stuff to help inspire me….

21. Corrie Howe says

I love the button for your carnival. It sounds like a great idea. And it looks like you'll have lots of support.

22. The Scrapoholic says

I did it! i posted one! I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about it though! I'm not one to post from my heart or anything "personal" on my blog or Facebook (except my personal one), or twitter. Just not something i like doing. but people keep insisting i should do it more. So i guess this is a way i can! Thanks!

23. Mandy Fischle says

This is such a wonderful idea!! I found your blog throught the SITS blog and I love it! You are such a great writer. I am totally new to the blogging world and have only done a few posts but I'm starting to see what it is all about. I'll be following!! Check mine out if you want. http://mandyslifehappens.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the great idea!!

24. Peggy says

I posted today! Thanks for this because I find it easier!!
    I hope I did it right and linked back to you!
    Thanks

25. Petite sorcière says

Thanks for sharing this, I guess I needed to see that, because whenever I let myself shut and too silent for too long I have an urge for words and passionate thoughts!
    But I've already blogged today so next wednesday for sure ;)

26. Vidya Sury says

What a lovely idea. Like a virtual support group. I'd like to know if it is acceptable to link to a post I wrote some time back on one of my blogs.

Congratulations on second anniversary. I hope one day, I could have posts that get this number of comments. Though I just started last year, I  gained a lot thru blogging. Almost all of my posts are all poured out experiences as a mother. Would also appreciate if you drop by some messages.

I posted your badge on the post “A Red Filled Life,” my birthday gift to my youngest son who is speech delayed and has autism.

Blessings.
    sarah mallari bucu recently posted..Why I Love Being A Mom and BloggerMy Profile

28. Deidra B says

I read lots of blogs and celebrate, read, but never post. My thing is I am the “christian” mother of a thirteen year old girl who suffers from trichotillomania. It’s wild to me that I even know how to spell it let alone type it. I put christian in quotations marks because Ive not been perfect, nor am I perfect now, yet I still struggle that somehow that this is how
    she chooses to deal with stress and somehow has something to do with decisions I made after her dad commited suicide and rendering me a widow. I struggle to encourage her, I just sometimes want her to somehow get it together although I never have, since her dad’s death, but also dealt with an extremely rough upbringing and not only survived, but thrived, call it first child syndrome. All jokes aside, I want prayers, I want support, has anyone ever come out on the other side? She won’t really talk about it, it’s just the big elephant in the room along with our big loss. I try to talk about their fathers death to no avail and then outta nowhere I’m disrespecting their father and dont care. I do care. I am still here. When weaker people would’ve walked away, when my family, their family…..Anybody come out on the other side of this?

I’m new to blogging and I usually keep my feelings to myself because I’m so scared of what people may think. But with my blog I’m telling it all; I won’t try and twist my life into a picture perfect scene like I use to. I don’t say my name in my blog because I want to be as honest with my readers as possible and I don’t want to worry about others. I hope you’ll just stop by and take a peek at my blog. I’m pour my heart out into my posts and I hope you can see that. Thanks for just reading my comment.
    Love, That Girl
    That Girl recently posted..Reviews! Reviews! More reviews!My Profile

30. violetblue says

Today he called me stupid asshole negative person. After earlier in the day we started to getI intimate but was an early release without any input for me or from me. Left me hanging i didnt complain it happens but now tonight I’m stupid? Why do i stay

31. Yvonne says

I would like to pour my heart out about things but remain anonymous so that I don’t hurt those whom I love. :(

1. [...] I’m linking up PYHO again this week, because I’ve discovered a lot of new blogs to read this way!  And because this topic is one of those things I don’t talk much about, mainly because of the guilt. This post needs a possible TMI warning!!  You can get more information on what PYHO is here. [...]

2. [...] you are new to PYHO, you can check out more details about Pour Your Heart Out. If you are participating,  grab the button from the sidebar or add a text link to your post, and [...]