I love a good campfire.
Even if it’s a “campfire” in my backyard. There’s just something soothing about sitting around a fire with family and friends. Around here, fall is the time for this. Our summer nights in eastern North Carolina tend to be a little too warm to make anyone want to sit close to a fire. But fall is the perfect time for it. I’m never really ready for summer to tend, but I do look forward to “fire” and sweater weather.
Whether you actually head out camping or you just want to try some campfire cooking in your own backyard, here are some ideas for what you can make. There’s something to be said for the classic hot dogs and s’mores over an open fire, but we like a little variety, too! Though there are some twists on these classics below, too, in case you need to have those campfire staples!
20 Campfire Recipes for Your Next Campout
- Campfire Cinnamon Roll Ups from Almost Supermom
- Campfire Quesadillas from The Suburban Soapbox
- Blackberry Campfire Cobbler from Midlife Healthy Living
- Garlic Sausage & Asparagus from Kleinworth and Co.
- Campfire Chicken Packets from Domesticate Me
- Campfire Loaded Fries from All She Cooks
- Camping Hot Dogs from Frugal Coupon Living
- Campfire Ice Cream Cones from Around My Family Table
- Campfire Pizza Cones from The Joys of Boys
- Campfire Popcorn from Juggling Act Mama
- Low Country Boil Foil Packets from Nutmeg Nanny
- Candy Loaded Campfire Brownies from Kids Activities Blog
- Campfire Donuts from Must Have Mom
- Campfire Nachos from The Country Chic Cottage
- Campfire Apple and Pork Packets from Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Lemony Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil Packets with Green Beans from Unsophisticook
- Potato Packets from The Country Cook
- Chocolate Banana Boats from Lovefoodies
- Campfire Breakfast Burritos from Julie Measures
- Campfire Cinnamon Rolls from Adventures of Mel