It’s time to remember that good things do happen, even if we end up venting about the negative more, there are plenty of reasons to smile. Here was my January:
1. A new trampoline park opening near us. One we don’t have to drive too far to get to that gives my boys plenty of ways to burn off all that energy!
2. The start of basketball season. With bonus: all three boys have practice on the same day at the same time, in the same place!
3. Caring teachers. I love how excited my second grader’s teacher was to share my son’s progress with me.
4. Ice skating with my youngest. It was his first time on the ice and my first time in over 20 years. He did great and we had a lot of fun!
5. Roller skating. It was like a throwback to my childhood.
6. The kids I tutor. I’ve been tutoring at the school on a regular basis and I love it. It lets me do the part of teaching I love, without the other junk I didn’t.
7. The boys earning their green belts in karate. They started karate in the summer. They’ve worked hard and really enjoy it.
8. My oldest trying out for the school musical. He didn’t make it, but I’m proud of his efforts. It takes guts to get up there and sing alone.
9. Krispy Kreme opening. That “hot” light! How can you not smile?
10. Good friends who get me. Even when they don’t agree with me, they still understand.
What made you smile recently?
Link up with Emmy Mom and share!